Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Pat Robertson: Weather Forecaster, Strongest Man Alive, and Pillar of Christian Love & Tolerance & Followers

"On a TV show, Pat Robertson said -- and I quote, this is his quote. He said, 'If I heard the Lord right, the coast of America will be lashed by storms this year.' He actually said, 'If I heard the Lord right.' What? You weren't paying attention?"-- Jay Leno (05/22/2006)

Pat Robertson also claims that he can leg-press 2000 pounds with the help of an “age-defying protein shake he developed.That would mean a 76-year-old man broke the all-time Florida State University leg press record by 665 pounds over Dan Kendra. 665 pounds. Further, when he set the record, they had to modify the leg press machine to fit 1,335 pounds of weight. Plus, Kendra's capillaries in his eyes burst. Burst. Where in the world did Robertson even find a machine that could hold 2,000 pounds at one time? And how does he still have vision?

"You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist. I can love the people who hold false opinions but I don't have to be nice to them."

"I know this is painful for the ladies to hear, but if you get married, you have accepted the headship of a man, your husband. Christ is the head of the household and the husband is the head of the wife, and that's the way it is, period."
"This is the second time in a row that God has invoked a disaster [Hurricane Katrina] shortly before lesbian Ellen Degeneres hosted the Emmy Awards ... America is waiting for her to apologize for the death and destruction that her sexual deviance has brought onto this great nation."

"He (Prime Minister of Israel, Ariel Sharon) was dividing God's land, and I would say, 'Woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the [European Union], the United Nations or the United States of America,' "(Saying God smote Sharon with a stroke )
"We want...as soon as possible to see a majority of the Republican Party in the hands of pro-family Christians by 1996."


Some Are Listening "I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
--George H.W. Bush

"I've heard the call. I believe God wants me to run for President."
"I feel like God wants me to run for President. I can't explain it, but I sense my country is going to need me. Something is going to happen[...] I know it won't be easy on me or my family, but God wants me to do it."
"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job."
"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."

--George W. Bush

No comments: