Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Obama & Clinton Need To Run Together With Her On Top.

" Me? I support Hillary Rodham because she’s the best qualified of all candidates running in both parties. I support her because her progressive politics are as strong as her proven ability to withstand what will be a massive right-wing assault in the general election. I support her because she knows how to get us out of Iraq. I support her because she’s refreshingly thoughtful, and I’m bloodied from eight years of a jolly 'uniter' with ejaculatory politics. I needn’t agree with her on every point. I agree with the 97 percent of her positions that are identical with Obama’s—and the few where hers are both more practical and to the left of his (like health care). I support her because she’s already smashed the first-lady stereotype and made history as a fine senator, because I believe she will continue to make history not only as the first US woman president, but as a great US president.
As for the 'woman thing'?
Me, I’m voting for Hillary not because she’s a woman—but because I am."

Goodbye To All That (#2) by Robin Morgan

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn Straight!!!!! Hillary Rocks. I trust her leadership. I was pleased to hear her say the other night "Accountability is important, and if I'm President, I want you to keep me accountable". Yes, we need accountability in government!!!!!!! AND we need someone who wants the citizens to not only want accountability but to expect it and to assure that a president does what he/she says she/he will do. Yes, and I agree that it wouldn't work with Obama on top.

Anonymous said...

I do like both of them but her experience puts her on TOP!

I hope the two can work together to make this happen, what a DREAM TEAM.

Anonymous said...

"her on TOP!"

Would she have it any other way?

Anonymous said...

She wouldn't.

Anonymous said...

That is the best place!

Anonymous said...

But for some reason I picture a reverse cowgirl.
You know they could both pull that off.

Orv said...

I'll give a second to that "Damn Straight" above! Everyone should read the article by Robin Morgan ... she gets it! And Hillary clearly IS on TOP in terms of her experience (and direct access to a two term President, who has an IQ that's about double that of "Dubya")!! Never again (in our lifetimes anyway) are we going to have such an opportunity to get a woman into the Presidency. Why waste this opportunity on an Obama, who is NOT ready for "prime time"? If he spends eight years as VP, then he might well be ready for the Presidency in 2016. SNL should be applauded for having the balls to point-out the obvious "free pass" that the mainstream media is giving Obama. The entire USA needs Texas and Ohio to show some good judgment on March 4th!!
-- Orv