Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's Eve is Still a Pagan Ritual, Even With My Bible Study Class

*This morning, I received this picture and this message from one of the good sisters in my class-“VIRGIL!! Regarding your latest post. Tom crossed me once and only once. -p” I decided that, for the sake of Christian unity, that I would replace the nekid pictures with the one of poor Tom. Otherwise, the original post is set out below.*

Patti warned me not to drink and blog. She dinna tell me not to drink and take photos. The Lutherans are touchy about this sort of thing. I hope the Presbyterians will take me back. If not, surely the Methodists will.
The Last Rites of the Bokononist
Faith (excerpt)

God made mud.
God got lonesome.
So God said to some of the mud, "Sit up!"
"See all I've made," said God, "the hills, the sea, the sky, the stars."

And I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around.
Lucky me, lucky mud.

I, mud, sat up and saw what a nice job God had done.
Nice going, God.
Nobody but you could have done it, God! I certainly couldn't have.
I feel very unimportant compared to You.
The only way I can feel the least bit important is to think of all the mud
that didn't even get to sit up and look around.
I got so much, and most mud got so little.
Thank you for the honor!

Now mud lies down again and goes to sleep.
What memories for mud to have!
What interesting other kinds of sitting-up mud I met!
I loved everything I saw!
Good night.

16 comments:

Sally said...

you people scare me....really!! No REALLY!!!!! YOU SCARE ME!!!!

Patti said...

Ok, ok Virgil; No Toms were harmed, by me, in the production of this photo.

A big number of years ago, Tom was climbing Dragontail Peak. The climber above him yelled “rock”. Tom looked up to glimpse a piece of the mountain before it smashed into his formerly perfect face.

His climbing buddies eventually got him to the hospital, where his jaw was wired back into place. (Having their priorities straight, the buddies stopped at Zeke’s hamburger, a must stop, on the way to the hospital.) Tom ate through a straw for a number of weeks.

Anonymous said...

I’m with Sally.. After I complained about a particularly disgusting picture a young woman, who frequents this blog, had sent me, I got this response -“OH.....YOU KNOW YOU LIKE IT....YOU PROBABLY KNOW HER BY A PET NAME.........LIKE BUTTERCUP OR SWEETCAKES! UMMMMMMMMMMM.....SNUGGLE UP!!!! ROLE ME IN FLOUR, BABY!!!! and so on, and so on........(you know the drill)”

Fun’s fun, but lets not lose all sensitivity and humanity.

Virgil said...

Patti:
I never meant to imply that you would harm even a fly.
Please put me back as a serious link. Failing that, will you at least take me off probation?

Anonymous said...

Virgil, you pansy, put the nekid pictures back up!

Sally said...

Jim:
In reference to the sensitivity and humanity,did this certain woman happen to "bleat" at you? Maybe you and Angus have something to talk about???

Virgil said...

Sally:
It's curious that you knew that the disgusting picture was of a woman. Is there something you'd like to confess?

Anonymous said...

Only that I'm sorry for your wife....do you really want me to tell her about ya'll now? After all, I walked in on ya'll....REMEMBER????? I shutter to think if the camera had been pointed in your direction......

Virgil said...

Sally:
You'd a needed a wide angle lens.

Unknown said...

Thanks for this awesome information And Guys here is the app 8 ball pool apk mod plus data unlimited coins full download

Yaduveer Singh said...

S.No. Links
1 MDU Results 2017
2 MDU Date Sheet/Time table
3 MDU Rohtak UG/PG Results

Bushraah88 said...

Thanks for writing this great article. I’ve been using some of these techniques on by blog. But I didn’t know the phrase “Social Proof”. Thanks for sharing.
One Machine Learning
One data science

Bushraah88 said...

Amazing post, thanks for sharing this article. I am truly motivated by you for blogging.
Thank You,www.bexteranutrition

WORLD NEWS said...

Hello Very Very nice and useable post.Thank you for sharing experience with.I will try to call to mind the particular tips in my blog discussion task.<a href="https://clippingpathera.com/clipping-path/</a>Thank you

SarkariNaukriHona Team said...

listoutnow.com Pure researched work !

Samia Akter said...

I totally agree with you. And I was very pleased with that. Awesome features and facts.. :) stigma