Wednesday, January 11, 2006

AN APOLOGY

I have been humbled, and to make it even more embarrassing, twas by J.S. a friend of my (Arkansas of all places) cousin Jim. As I understand it, J.S. is a sibling of Vince Young.

J.S. wrote: "not being a blogger I was JUST interested enough to give it a try. much to my amazement, buried somewhere in the bowels of some out of date notice of some obscure Irish Football (what ever THAT is)game,"

Virgils Response: It’s no wonder you were confused. It was hurling-not football, as any dolt would know. I made a rookie mistake. My apologies to you, Joe Connolly, John Keane, John Power, Setanta, Mick Mackey (who's brother David is a close friend of mine), D.J. Carey, Thad Quil and the rest of the literate world. I have corrected the mistake.

J.S. continues: I, JUST-by-chance, opened a link about someone name Virgil, I find this DUDE, who seems to have lived for over 300 years and survived at least two murderous kings, has something called a "tag board", whatever THAT is...

Virgils Response: It was my ancestor Fergus, not I, who lived for over 300 years. The tagboard is a place where people could leave unattached messages, but it had too many popups so we changed it to a sister blog. We may rename it.

J.S. Continues: Hell I'm tired already, but ON I go anyway to find a posting of some Ancient Ruins of 'his' ancestors. That are some bozillian miles from Scotland and actually in Beaver Lake and were built by some nutcase that would be a better President than some we've seen of late. Hmmmm.

Virgils Response: Where then is Beaver Lake? England? Ireland? I also have ancestors from Germany, France, Switzerland, Mongolia, Japan, China, Kush and Punt. Is it one of them?

J.S. Continues: Is that you driving an '06 Pilot EX-L in dessert rock?

Virgils Response: I don’t know, but I thank you for your correction, painful as it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YO! Virg-E,
It's somewhere south of south Philly. Any good 'possum eatin' coon hound would know that. Virgil, Hmmm... does that come from the Mongolian side of the family? Nic pic by the way, was that your first day as an intern at the boys' ranch?

Virgil said...

Virgil came from the Italian side. My elders didn't talk about the Mongolian side. I think they were Khan men.

It was my first day at the ranch. The blond kid was my roommate. I have no idea what happened to him.