Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Incredible Shrinking Woman.

Though I have yet to meet a physically unattractive woman, my ideal has always been Rubens types.  Like Grandpa, I was attracted to women who could put the hay in the barn.  I have been appalled at the shrinking of women in recent years. For example, the St. Pauli Girl used to be hefty enough to carry eight full stone steins without breaking a sweat.  Now, she’s a Barbie. 
Rick sent me a  link to playboy bunnies from 1953 to present.  Normally, I would have immediately deleted the email, but, out of anthropological curiosity, I viewed the images of the lasses.  I noticed what I had feared-a steady progression form natural to thin and plastic.  The first was Marilyn Monroe, lover to a president, and sister to James the quarterback for the 57, 58, & 59 Arkansas Razorbacks.  She was beautiful, but large by today’s standards. (Except in one area that is now often enhanced.)  I yearn for the return of yesteryear.   For other cultural anthropologists only, I'm providing a link.  You may view and compare by clicking here.

4 comments:

Dena said...

You certainly did make the point that, in one area at least, the girls seem to be ballooning.

Dena said...

Showed this to Gary, who gave it the attention worthy of a bona-fide research project.

Anonymous said...

Virg, you're a true libertine.

Anonymous said...

Virg, finally you put up something worthwhile!