Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Legal Stuff & More Sex

Legal Stuff
They don't make um any bettern Lonnie Turner. These are excerpts from his closing argument in Davis v. Tyson which he tried with Cousin Jim.

"Now they had been raising chickens and they didn't have a moisture problem with chickens and I think most of us know that. I've never seen a chicken take a leak in my life; but that ain't the case with hogs. That ain't the case with hogs. Them hogs will produce as much water as the Mulberry Creek on a rampage will."

"What they did to my client was like a farmer castrating a calf, and telling the calf he was doing it a favor."
On punitive damages, "When I was young, I got my ass whipped for lighting a little cedar bush at the front step of our old home place and nearly burning the house down."
This is a typical deposition: It was taken by my ole buddy Joe Jamail. One time me'n ole Jamail . . .
Sex
This is Sheena, Queen of the Jungle, for whom I had the hots in my elementary school years.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My old buddy, Lonnie! When I was matriculating at Arkansas Tech, Lonnie was President of the Student Body.....twice. I don't know that that has ever happened before or since. Ladene....beautiful and such a wonderful, gentle person, too. It always kinda amazed me that she and Lonnie hooked up, but it has obviously been a wonderful relationship. Ladene's Dad, Dean, was like another father to me. Ol' Rick Litterell worked there, too. I worked several years for him at Dean's Men's Wear and was heartbroken to learn of his passing. In what seemed like a good idea at the time, I bought Dean's from Lonnie and Ladene after Dean's death. But, it was never the same without the old man and after three years I closed the store and have had an abiding respect for "rag merchants" ever since.
One year, I don't remember when, Lonnie made a run for governor and I supported him. I would support him again. My Dad thought a lot of Lonnie, too.

Thanks for the memories!