Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It's Time To Heal. Hat's Off To John McCain For Helping Us Along That Road.

“My friends, we have come to the end of a long journey. The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly," . . . A little while ago, I had the honour of calling Senator Barack Obama to congratulate him on being elected the next president of the country that we both love . . .This is an historic election. I recognize the special significance it has for African-Americans, for the special pride that must be theirs tonight. . . I've always believed that America offers opportunities to all who have the industry and will to seize it. Senator Obama believes that, too. . . .We both recognise that though we have come a long way from the old injustices that once stained our nation's reputation ... the memory of them still had the power to wound. . . .I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him but offering our next president our goodwill and earnest effort to find ways to come together. . . .Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. . . . Senator Obama has achieved a great thing for himself and for his country, and I applaud him for it and offer him his sincere sympathy his beloved grandmother did not see him on this day” John McCain
McCain was graceful and courageous in a difficult moment. He put country first and admonished supporters who were disrespectful. Thanks John.

2 comments:

Sally "COUGAR" Snoddy said...

As I said.....Poise, Integrity and Composure; see Sally's Election Post at:
sallyisnotsnoddy.blogspot.com
(shameless plug.....)

Anonymous said...

This is the John McCain that I like, and the one I wanted to vote for; unfortunately, he picked Palin as a running mate, and I voted for Obama. Still, this is the McCain I've come to respect over the last 10 years.
a. earls