Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cheers!

" . . .drinking caused an average loss of muscle somewhere around the 33% range. This is called 'alcoholic myopathy' and a decreased rate of protein synthesis has been liked to it. . . . .Alcohol is empty calories, 7 calories per gram to be exact. And it slows your metabolism, a pretty mean combination. So while you are drinking, your half-assed metabolism has completely given up on burning fat, and is just trying to keep up with the flood of extra calories!. . .But the biggest kick about alcohol for us guys is it lowers testosterone levels! Testosterone is what helps us build muscle. But that isn't all, it raises estrogen levels! . . .Testosterone levels appear below average even up to a week later. So if you are going out and getting drunk every weekend, your testosterone levels may not have been normal for quite some time" See, Alcohol's Curse By: Dean Goudie
Maybe the cure is not so bad compared to becoming a braindead blob of fat.
Then, on the other hand, D.W. Washburn didn't take it & he's doing fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's that time of the morning when the sun is coming up
and I'm standing on the corner with my guitar and my cup
and I'm waiting foe some people to come by and fill it up
to make my sun come up this morning
There's that man with a spitshine on his shoes I know him well
He'll slip me a half a dollar walk on by me turn and yell
"Hey, that five spot ain't for liquor..Well, "he can go to hell"
Cause he just made my sun come up this morning
Guess the devil knows he's got me when this bottle does me in
But hell can't be no worse then places I already have been
and I don't want to go to heaven cause I hear there any no gin.
To make my sun come up each mornin

Virgil said...

Nat:
I love that song, but booze may be taking a toll on your brain. You forgot this verse:
"I can't remember how it feels to be a man.
To get knocked down and have the guts to get back up again.
Without havin that little nip of gin.
To make my sun come up each mornin."