Monday, December 15, 2008

Muntadhar al-Zaidi and Those Like Him Owe Dogs an Apology.

Muntadhar al-Zaidi, a reporter who threw his shoes at President Bush during a news conference in Iraq, called his shoe-throwing, “a traditional insult in Arab culture, a ‘farewell kiss’ to a ‘dog’ who launched the 2003 invasion of Iraq.” I’m outraged. Dogs are loyal, usually kind, honest, and never launched an invasion of anyone. Muntadhar and others of like mind of like mind should hang their heads in shame. That Arab culture was traditionally ignorant of the virtuous dog nature is no excuse.

1 comment:

Sally "COUGAR" Snoddy said...

That Arab Culture is ignorant of the 'virtuous dog nature' you speak of because if they hadn't been, they would have thrown more than just a shoe......but then again, I reported the days events as well; and I apologize for not putting dogs first......my biggest regret of the day....Thanks Virg for pointing this out to me.....see this and my other update on Will at http://sallyisnotsnoddy.blogspot.com/