Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy World Serious

"I believe in the Church of Baseball. I've tried all the major religions, and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I heard that, I gave Jesus a chance. But it just didn't work out between us. The Lord laid too much guilt on me. I prefer metaphysics to theology. You see, there's no guilt in baseball, and it's never boring..." Annie Savoy

Actually, Buddhists, not Catholics use 108 beads, but this factual error does not take away from Annie's truth.

1 comment:

Sally "COUGAR" Snoddy said...

Now Virg....don't be judgemental of the Catholic Religion and all! Une's mite go to hell!