Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Huckster-Your Typical Republican Baptist Preacher

Using Bushesque reasoning, Arkansas governor & presidential candidate, Mike Huckabee will pardon “Keith Richards, lead guitarist for the Rolling Stones . . .because [Richard’s] impression of our state was marred by a misdemeanor traffic stop . . .” But, fuck the rest of the world, especially the French, right? This almost makes me miss Orval Faubus.
This is the same Arkansas that produced J. William Fulbright, Dale Bumpers, and Bill Clinton, and voted for Fulbright, George Wallace, and Win Rockefeller in the same year.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is called compassionate conservatism.

Anonymous said...

No one can call Keith Richards a fat cat.

Anonymous said...

He's my kind of Christian.

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Sally said...

Truth be known, Mikey was sit'n in the middle of Keith and Ron when they were pulled over in Fordyce roll'n one....maybe that's why the good gesture!!! And I can't knock Win, for you see when I was just a young lass and he was campaigning, I had my picture taken with him atop my daddy's knee! That picture forever hung in my granpappy's bedroom and I'm sure he kissed it nightly before retiring for a good nights rest!!

Virgil said...

It's ok Sally. Virgil knows a Yellow Dog who cast his baby vote for Win.

Anonymous said...

Huck-a-Buck.....there are no limits to this man.

And yes.....F the French!

Virgil said...

OK. The French are a mixed bag, but that's more than one can say for Bush.

Anonymous said...

You got that right, Virgil!!!

You're a pretty smart fellow.....and I know you share my views concerning the French!

Anonymous said...

Ritht-o Anonymous. The egalitarian frog bastards even quit flogging their troops when Napoleon took over. Shameful!

Anonymous said...

Like my friend Ben Lipscomb says "Like the guy at the zoo said, 'I'm just here to watch the monkeys fuck.'"

Anonymous said...

I cast my first vote in that election, fer Fulbright and ...ehem Win Rockefeller. Given the "dem"--Justice Jim--I woulda voted fer a cobra first.

I was a cop in Camden when Keith got busted in Fordyce,& I thought "WTF? If ita been me, I'da got an autograph or two, then see if I coulda helped 'em on their way."

See Ya at TGW.

JohnieB