Friday, May 14, 2010

Deportee (Plane wreck at Los Gatos Canyon) by Woody Guthrie Done Here by The Highwaymen Dedicated to Rosalia Garduño and Sarah Puglisi.

". . .somewhere out in the world tonight a bright fire is burning inside the heart of a young champion among us, she is a shining example of the best in all of us. Strong, beautiful, honorable, fair , unflinchingly honest, able to think. A child that grew to love to read, to hold onto and value independent thought. A child I taught who managed to make my life one terrifically better place for her being. And I ask myself the question...where is my mind? And I ask myself the question....where is my mind? I am thinking of you Rosalia and thinking of the education of children just like yourself......a child of my life carrying me into the future with the potentials of infinite truths. I ask myself the question where are we now?"

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Now this is totally cool. You can give her a hug for me!